If we overeat or indulge in fried foods way too often, our liver becomes overloaded and overworked and it cannot process fat and toxins in an efficient way. Here are 5 foods that help in cleansing the liver naturally.
1. Garlic – Even a small amount of garlic has the ability to activate liver enzymes which can get rid of the toxins from your body. It also contains two natural compounds – allicin and selenium – which can help in liver cleansing.
2. Grapefruit – As it is rich in both antioxidants and vitamin C, this great fruit can increase the liver’s natural cleansing processes. A small glass of fresh grapefruit juice will raise the production of liver enzymes, which will take out toxins and carcinogens from your body.
3. Beets and carrots – Incorporating beets and carrots into your menu will stimulate and improve your liver function in general, as both of these veggies contain high levels of plant-flavonoids and beta-carotene.
4. Green tea – It is full of catechins, which is the compound well-known for assisting liver function. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and a great way to improve your overall health and diet.
5. Apples – They are rich in pectin and hold the chemical constituents which are crucial for the body in order to cleanse and get rid of the toxins from the digestive tract.
Photo Credits: Southweb