Most of us deal with hectic lifestyles, busy schedules and long working hours, so keeping your focus while at work, at the gym or even during a get together with friends can be a challenge. Here are 5 brain foods which will help you focus, regardless of your activities.
1. Eggs – They contain high levels of amino acids and protein, are good for your eyes and the egg yolk can help in regulating brain function, as well as nervous system. Make sure to have some eggs for breakfast every now and then.
2. Avocado – This great fruit boosts blood circulation and is rich in protein, antioxidants and healthy fats, which are all crucial for optimal brain function. Incorporate avocado into your menu by adding a few slices in your salad or to your sandwich.
3. Salmon – It is not just delicious, but also extremely healthy, as salmon contains the omega-3 fatty acids which are good for our heart and skin and also help in improving our memory.
4. Chocolate – As if we needed another reason to eat chocolate! It contains the polyphenols which increase blood flow to our brain and also protect against memory loss related to age.
5. Oats – It is high in fiber which keeps our brain sharper and also has protein which helps in staying more energized throughout the day. Have some oats with milk and berries for breakfast in order to start your day in the best possible way.
Photo Credits: Porridge Club