Managing time well can sometimes spell the difference between success and failure. In today’s world people need to be on the move at all times and this is where good time management comes in.
Here are 5 tips to help improve your time management skills.
1. Chart out a plan: Make a schedule with all upcoming activities according to their importance and monitor your current thoughts and conversations. This will help you keep a track of how you spend your time.
2. Schedule appointments: Rather than make a long to-do list, try and create appointments for yourself with appropriate blocks of time set aside for particular activities.
3. Make way for interruptions: There will be times during the day that you will not be able to work at your optimum levels. Make allowances for such events and work it into your daily plan.
4. Disconnect: Shut out the world when it is necessary to do important work. This may include shutting off your phone, disconnecting instant messaging and putting up a ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign. It is important to schedule time for such events as well.
5. Be realistic: It may not be possible to finish everything on your plate in one day. Keep in mind that things could be carried over to the next day so as to get the most out of your presently available time.