UpdatedTrends.com: Flaky elbows are often turn offs when it comes to your overall appearance. Sometimes flaky elbows also become painful to touch due to the cracks in the skin.
It can begin to flake due to dryness or due to more chronic conditions, but the damage can be equally emotional, besides being physical. Here are 5 ways to get rid of flaky elbows.
1. Moisturise – Moisturisation is the obvious remedy for flaky elbows. One has to apply moisturizer at least twice a day. Try using Cetaphil, Eucerin or Aquaphor which are extremely therapeutic for the dry skin.
2. Short bath timings – Avoid taking long hours in the shower. Short bath timings with warm water will help to prevent the skin from drying out and use soaps which have moisturizers.
3. Exfoliation – As far as possible get rid of the dead skin from the elbows. Exfoliate the skin with a scrub gently as long as the flaking is not exposing the raw skin. After exfoliation, apply a gentle moisturising soap to the elbows. Use soaps which are designed for sensitive skin.
4. Clothing – Wear clothes which are light and made of natural materials like cotton so that they are not harsh on the skin. Avoid clothing which irritates the skin.
5. Medical help – If the above remedies do not help then do not hesitate to seek medical help. It is best to get expert help when home remedies are to no avail.