Updated Trends: Some cancers that are common in women include breast, melanoma, lung, ovarian, colon and cervical cancer. A diagnosis of cancer can be very frightening and can also lead to stress. However, women can always take precautions to avoid such types of cancer, as prevention is always better than cure.
1. Exercise – Regular exercise can help in preventing some of related conditions such as diabetes, heart problems and even cancer. Women should work out for at least 90 minutes in a week to keep themselves fit.
2. Healthy food – A woman’s diet should include plenty of fresh and organic fruits and vegetables which contain antioxidants. These antioxidants help in the protection of the cells from getting damaged and also lower the risk of developing cancer.
3. Mammograms – Women after the age of 40 should regularly get a mammogram done so as to detect any cancer which could possibly be in the early stages. Women who have a family history of the diseases must go for regular check-ups before the age of 40.
4. Quit smoking – Women who smoke should quit at the earliest before its too late. Cigarettes can cause lung cancer which is extremely difficult to treat. Quitting alcohol, carbonated drinks and unhealthy food is also a must.
5. Skin protection – Always protect your skin from sun by applying sun tan lotion. Those who swim should use a water proof sun tan lotion so as to protect the skin from UV rays. Make it a habit to carry a sun umbrella when you go out in the sun to prevent your skin from getting damaged by the harmful UV rays.