Many people complain of gut issues and they can present themselves in different ways. Acid reflux, constipation, bloating and diarrhea are some of the symptoms that can indicate problems with your gut. Some of the above symptoms could be related to a chronic condition but other symptoms could be due to sensitivity to some of the foods. Here we will be discussing about the foods that you will want to avoid if you have a sensitive gut.
- Chips – Chips that are available in the market are usually too salty but are too yum to resist as they are crunchy and a very convenient snack, but they could be very unhealthy for your digestive health. The foods that have simple carbohydrates like chips, pastries and white bread move through the digestive tract quickly which leads to gas and bloating.
- Candies – While sugar substitutes are not good at all for the gut, even refined sugar do no good. Added sugar can be found in candies that puts a negative effect on the body and it includes the gut. Studies have shown that added sugar can increase the pro-inflammatory properties in the gut that could lead to a number of problems.
- Cabbage – This might surprise you, but this vegetable is indeed capable of causing a number of digestive issues like bloating and cramping. This vegetable is a part of the cruciferous vegetables that contain sugar known as raffinose that is known for causing gas. However, cooking the vegetable can reduce the possibility of bloating.
- Beans – Beans also contains raffinose but is still nutritious. It also contains protein, fibre and other micronutrients but can cause gas, bloating and other stomach issues.
- Hot sauce – Hot sauce is usually used to enhance the taste of a dish but it could be worse for the digestive issues. It contains capsaicin which is a compound that gives heat to the chili peppers. This could cause acid reflux or stomach cramps.
Photo Credits: Unsplash