The beginning of the retirement time for senior citizens might be a depressing time as they are still trying to figure out to find ways to spend time. Most of them might be habitual of being active but are suddenly out of work and are trying to see what lies in future ahead. Under such circumstances, there are all the chances that they might suffer from depression and that might attract a number of disease. But this is the time when it is important for them to maintain good health and find different ways to remain active.
1. Exercise – No matter where you live, you can always find time for some exercise. It is best to wake up in the morning for some freshness and exercise as per your convenience. Working out helps in proper blood circulation and also helps to keep the bones strong. It also helps to maintain a proper balance of the body.
2. Play Games – No matter how old you are, you are never too old to play games. There are board games, crossword puzzles and actual puzzles that help to keep the mind sharp and active. Studies have shown that playing games can help to reduce the risk of dementia.
3. Eat a balanced diet – it is important to maintain a proper, healthy and a balanced diet. Your retirement should be a happy one and food can help to keep you active and energetic. It does not have to be complicated, but there is nothing better than a warm home cooked meal.
4. Socialize – Make sure that you be a social bee and interact with people around you. Being a senior citizen, you might want some help and being friendly and known with people around you can be beneficial. It will also help you to make your retirement happy and happening.
5. Take a class – You can spend your spare time by taking some kind of class that you are interested in or were thinking about it since a long time. It could be a cooking class, or learning a new language.
Photo Credits: Pixabay