Dish washing detergent is a great ingredient which can be used not just for washing detergents but also for cleaning other sorts of things. The ingredient is great as it helps to cut the grease and makes things cleaner than usual. But since all these are chemicals, one has to be careful if you are mixing it with other ingredients or are making use of it for different purposes. Here are a few things that you should not do with dish wash agents.
1. Mix it with bleach – Bleach is a chemical and dish wash agents also contain chemicals. Certain mixtures can become toxic. So unless you are an expert and know what you are doing, do not try to mix dish wash agents with ammonia, bleach or any other kind of cleansers.
2. Washing moka pot – With constant use, the oil from the coffee seasons the moka pot that makes the coffee taste better. Cleaning it with soap will remove the thin oily layer. The manufacturers of the pot recommend to clean the pot with plain water.
3.Washing the cast iron skillet – This reason could be debatable as washing it occasionally with dish soap can be OK, but do not make the practice regular. For regular washing, you can use oil and salt.
4. Put it in dishwasher – Many people could be tempted to put dish wash detergent in to the dishwasher if they are out of dishwasher detergent. But that is not at all recommended. Not many are aware that the formulas for dish wash detergent and dishwasher detergents are very different. The dish wash detergent can harm the machine and could lead to bubbles creeping out of the dishwasher.
5. Wash your car – Dish washing detergent is very strong and can damage your car’s paint. It could make it vulnerable to dullness and chips.
6. Put it in washing machine – Dish soap is not made to work in a washing machine. It could be used for harder or sturdier fabrics, but cannot be used or the delicate ones like silk or cotton.
Photo Credits: Pixabay