Working in front of a laptop or a computer for long hours can take a toll on the eyes. With the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, a number of people have been spending long hours at home sitting in front of the screens. Be it long virtual meetings, video calls or virtual conferences, it surely falls tough on the eyes. This can lead to dryness and itchiness which can be irritating and problematic. However, a few home remedies can help you to deal with the screen related problems.
1. Wash your eye-lashes – Not many people might focus on the eye lashes. Eye lids can also collect dirt and build-up that can clog the pores and lead to inflammation. You need some mild baby shampoo and massage it on the eye lids with your eyes closed. It will help to clear up any dirt in the area.
2. Warm compress – The tears from the eyes contain mucus, water and oil that help to keep the eyes lubricated. But when the eyes are inflamed or are flaky, it can clog the oil-secreting glands and make your eyes dry and itchy. Take a clean cloth and dip it some warm water and place it on the eyes for 5 minutes. This will loosen ant dirt that is accumulated. Rinse off with some luke-warm water.
3. Remain hydrated – It is also important to remain hydrated and keep drinking water as per the requirement of your body. The skin around the eyes is very sensitive and even little dehydration could lead to dryness.
4. Blink – When a person is constantly working in front of the screen, the frequency of blinking reduces automatically. Make sure that you blink frequently so that the eyes remain lubricated.
5. Include fish in your diet – Fish varieties like salmon, sardines, tuna and mackerel contain Omega 3 fatty acids that help to keep the oil glands healthy.
Photo Credits: Pixabay