The skin needs extra care once the age progresses. As people grow older, the top layer of the skin which is known as the epidermis starts to become thin. Due to this the skin starts looking translucent and pale which also sometimes makes the blood vessels visible below the skin. Age also makes the blood vessels fragile and can easily cause bruising and bleeding. The UV rays of the sun affect the fibre that is known as elastin in the skin. The skin needs extra care once you cross the age of 40. Here are a few tips that you can follow to slow down the ageing process.
1. Use retinoids – As the age progresses, the skin begins to loose collagen which is a protein that helps the skin to remain smooth and lifted. Loss of collagen can make the skin look creased. You can start to use retinoid based products which allows down the ageing process.
2. Apply sunscreen when you step out – This is a basic when you step out in the sun even if it is for two minutes. Make sure that the sunscreen that you are using is of a broad spectrum SPF that can protect against the harmful UV Rays of the sun. Also make sure that you apply the sunscreen at least 15 to 20 minutes before you step out in the sun.
3. Exfoliate – Due to the everyday wear and tear your skin goes through, a lot of dead cells accumulate on the skin. This dead skin needs to be removed so the skin could breathe and be healthy. Exfoliate at least once in week.
4. Massage your face – Using upward motion, make sure that you give your face a massage. This helps to lift the face muscles and encourages elasticity.
5. Hydrate your skin – Drink at least 2 litres of water everyday which allows proper hydration of the body and a healthy functioning. Drinking water also helps to hydrate the skin.
Photo Credits: Pixabay