A dry nose is a very common problem that usually surfaces during the winter season when the dryness is at its peak. It could be very irritating for the person who is suffering from the problem and can cause a lot of discomfort. Although it is not a very big health condition but it could also lead to sinus related problems. It is important to treat it before it gets worse. Here are a few home remedies that can help to get rid of dryness of the nose.
1. Salt water – You need to one teaspoon of pure salt in half a cup of water and pour it in to a spray bottle. You can spray it in the nostrils or pour some of it in the hand and breathe in the solution and blow out in a few seconds. You need to be careful while doing this.
2. Coconut oil – This is the most natural ingredient that helps to moisturize the nose and will reduce the discomfort and irritation. With the help of a dropper, you can administer one or two drops of the oil in each nostril and let it stay. It will help to moisturize the nose from within and make you feel at ease.
3. Olive Oil – Olive oil is another ingredient that helps to moisturize your nose and also provides great nourishment. Here you can use a dropper or make use of some cotton and soak some olive oil. Pour a few drops in each nostril and see the magic work.
4. Vitamin E oil – Vitamin E oil gives a cleansing effect and hydrates the nostril. You need to take two capsules of Vitamin E oil and prick it with a needle and squeeze out the oil. Pour 3 drops in each nostril to have a good hydrating effect.
5. Petroleum Jelly – This is another ingredient that is easily available at home and is the best way to moisturize and hydrate the skin. Take some petroleum jelly on your finger and apply inside the nostrils. Do not apply too much or it can result in chocking.
Photo Credits: Pixabay