It is great to see new parents dealing with their new bundle of joy. But only the new parents can experience how tough and tricky it is to train the new born for sleep. The baby is now out of the mother’s womb and is yet to get adjusted to the new environment. Sleep training your child can be really tricky and many parents make a few mistakes when they deal with them on an everyday basis. Here are a few things that should be kept in mind while sleep training your new-born child.
1. Do not always make them sleep after every meal – New born babies need to be fed every two to three hours and they tend to sleep soon after their meal. But if they end up sleeping every time then their sleep pattern might be disturbed.
2. Do not pick up the child immediately after they start crying – The mother needs to wait for some time after they start crying to see if they can manage on their own. Or else in this way they would get used to it and avoid sleeping and playing. Allow them to soothe on their own.
3. Do not feed babies middle of the night after six months – When babies wake up in the night , parents tend to feed them and this makes them fall asleep again. This routine should be avoided once they turn 6 months old.
4. Do not let them sleep in the stroller – Many parents tend to make them sleep in the stroller and such babies later find it difficult to fall asleep in the crib. This also disturbs their regular sleep pattern and also disturbs the sleep of the parents.
5. Do not make the babies over tired to make them sleep – If the babies are too tired then they find it difficult to fall asleep and even if they do then they would have a disturbed sleep.
Photo Credits: Pixabay