High blood pressure is also known as hypertension and is a condition, if left unattended, it could be fatal. People with a high blood pressure need to be careful in a number of ways. They need to get themselves checked on a regular basis and take regular medications for it. In case of any negligence it can lead to problems in the heart, kidney or even the brain. However, there are a few foods that helps to keep the blood pressure in check.
1. Blueberries – Blueberries are known for their intense flavor and are rich in anti-oxidants and also contains anthocyanins, that are good for controlling high blood pressure. They can be eaten like a fruit or could be added to smoothies or a milkshake.
2. Bananas – High content of sodium is one of the main reasons of high blood pressure. Bananas contain high potassium content that helps to reduce high blood pressure. Some of the other foods which are rich in potassium can also be consumed. One or two bananas in a day can be healthy.
3. Garlic – Garlic is a very common ingredient found in the Asian cuisine. It is not just anti-biotic but also anti-fungal. It helps to increase the production of nitric oxide that helps the muscles to relax and the blood vessels also dilate.
4. Dark chocolates – This might seem surprising, but it is the cocoa that does the magic. Cocoa helps to dilate blood vessels and thus helps to reduce hypertension. However, one has to be careful not to consume too much of it or it might lead to a weight gain.
5. Flax Seeds – Flax Seeds contain Omega-3 fatty acids and linolenic acid that helps to reduce high blood pressure.
6. Olive Oil – Extra virgin olive oil contains polyphenols that have inflammation-fighting compounds that helps to control high blood pressure. Just make sure that you dont heat the oil as it loses all of its healing properties.
Photo Credits: Pixabay