America is one of the countries which is struggling to deal with the ongoing coronavirus outbreak. The cases of infected patients are multiplying everyday and the doctors are struggling to help every patient due to lack of equipments and staff. Under such circumstances, people who are still not infected, are trying their best to stay indoors and safe. But what to do when you need to step out to get some groceries from the supermarket? Here are a few tips that you can follow when you have to step out for grocery shopping.
1. Make a shopping list – This is the first step that you need to do before you step out. This will help you to reduce the amount of time that you spend in the store and will also help you to grab the items quickly from the shelves.
2. Step out for grocery shopping alone – If you can do it, then step out alone, as this is the best way to minimize the exposure. This also helps the store to have less crowd and helps people to maintain a 6 foot social distance from people.
3. Go for shopping during off hours – Off hours is a time when not many people would turn up at the store. Not many people some to the store during these hours and will also reduce the risk of exposure.
4. Keep a safe distance from others – When at the store, keep a safe distance from other people in the store. Wear protective gear like a mask and hand gloves and dispose them once you are home.
5. Keep your hands clean – Carry a hand sanitizer and make sure that you keep your hands clean all the time.
6. Pick up items from the back of the shelf – As far as possible pick up the items which are at the back of the shelf as they will be untouched by other people.
7. Make use of contactless payments – Go for contactless payment options so that you don’t have to touch any surfaces that might be contaminated.
Photo Credits: Pixabay