A brisk morning walk early in the morning can be the best thing that can be done, when you are feeling low and lazy. Play your favourite music and gear up for a nice 30 minute walk. A 30 minute walk can be beneficial for your body. It not just relaxes your mind, but is also beneficial for your heart and joints. It also improves your mood and keeps you energetic throughout the day. Here are a few benefits of morning walks on your health.
1. Helps control cholesterol – The human body requires a certain amount of cholesterol to balance the levels. Excessive cholesterol is certainly not good for the heart and hence to maintain levels in the body. Walking is a good form of physical activity and makes sure that the levels of cholesterol in the body are regulated.
2. Lowers risk of diabetes – Diabetes has become one of the most common lifestyle related diseases. Morning walks can help to improve blood sugar control and also aids the management of insulin in Type II diabetes. Walking also helps to improve the Body Mass Index and is beneficial in lowering risk of diabetes.
3. Prevents risk of stroke – A good session of brisk walk in the morning helps to keep the heart strong. Walking for just half an hour for five times a week helps in lowering the risk of strokes.
4. Raises energy levels – One of the main reasons, why many people feel depressed, is dripping energy levels. A good diet surely makes a difference, but if we are physically active, then no diet can help. Morning walk is the best way to feel more energetic the entire day.
5. Improves skin health – A session of brisk walk is not just good for the health, but is also good for the skin as it improves blood circulation and gives the skin a healthy glow. It also prevents pimples, acne and other skin problems.
Photo Credits: Pixabay