Your desk job might be paying you well, but it’s cutting years from your life.
If you are the kind who is married to their office desk for more than 7 hours a day? You might want to think of cheating a little! Sitting at your desk for more than 6 hours a day has been linked to causing of heart disease and various other cardiovascular ills.
Here are 5 tips to help you stay healthy and fit even with a desk job –
1. Take a break – If you think sitting at your desk and staring at the laptop screen for 4 hours straight is doing you any good, you are mistaken. Sitting for such a long period of time not only strains your eyes, but also makes your body stiff and lethargic. Instead, take frequent breaks and walk around the office, this will refresh your mind and body.
2. Opt for mini on the spot jogs – Well, you can’t convert your office space into a jogging track, but you can definitely choose a covert spot and jog for a few minutes, this not only burns off a few calories if done regularly, but also boosts energy levels.
3. Take water breaks – Water is life! Ditching that glass of water for your computer screen is not a good idea. Combine your water break with a short stroll around the office, it is a two-in-one benefit package.
4. Ditch the lift – However snazzy your office elevator might be, you need to take the stairs after sitting in office for 8 hours straight. Not only will it help you burn some substantial leg fat, but it also helps your overall work out regime.
5. Breath in and breath out – Stress and shallow breathing are interlinked, inhaling and exhaling atleast 12-15 times a day is highly recommended as a stress busting exercise, as well as an abdominal tightening method.