You do not need an expensive gym membership in order to start losing weight and be healthy and happy. There are many ways to do it, but it all comes down to combining a healthy diet and physical activity. Every other person you know is on some kind of weight loss program, so here are 5 healthy ways to prevent obesity and stay in shape.
1. Take action – If you are overweight, make sure to take action immediately, before crossing over into the next stage, which is obesity. Start making healthier lifestyle choices when it comes to your diet and exercise regime.
2. Eat healthy – Incorporate plenty of fruit, vegetables, whole grain foods and cereals into your diet on a daily basis and forget about sweets, sodas and fried food. Keep in mind to eat smaller meals and chew your food slowly.
3. Exercise – Find 30 minutes every day for some cardiovascular exercise. You do not have to go to the gym, but opt for swimming, running or walking instead. It is important to work out at least three times a week.
4. Stop smoking – The idea that smoking induces weight loss is a myth. Nicotine does suppress the appetite, but its side effects are numerous.
5. Avoid drinking – Most types of alcohol have a high percentage of fat. Sweetened aerated drinks increase the fat content and fried and greasy food is also usually paired with alcohol.
Photo Credits: EHow