People around the world drink coffee to get their day started. Coffee has a high caffeine content and gives you a boost that gets you through parts of the day where you may feel drowsy. However, there are some health concerns arising from an excessive intake of coffee and another drink known as green tea has a variety of health benefits when compared to coffee.
Here are 5 reasons you should switch to green tea from coffee:
1. Metabolism booster – Green tea can help boost the metabolism, thereby providing you with a good fat burning option, whereas coffee is high in calorie content.
2. Protects against diabetes – Green tea has starch inhibiting polyphenols help in lowering blood sugar levels.
3. Fights hepatitis – Iron levels in the liver and the rest of the body is kept in control by drinking green tea regularly. A high level of iron is one of the causes of viral hepatitis.
4. Fights harmful bacteria – Green tea helps kill harmful bacteria thereby helping against food poisoning. It also helps to fight bad breath by killing bad oral bacteria.
5. Protects against cancer – Green tea contains epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), which keeps blood vessel growth under control, thereby helping to fight against one of the causes of cancer.