UpdatedTrends.com: In today’s world, working at a computer is the norm. Long hours at a desk and in front of a screen can have adverse health implications, as a result special care needs to be taken in order to keep healthy while at work. The god news is that you can practice some simple exercises right at your desk!
Here are 5 exercises you could do right from your desk.
1. Breathing – Deep breathing is a great way to keep relaxed and feel fresh. A simple exercise to help you breathe right would be to sit upright in your chair, keep your hands in your lap and stay relaxed. Inhale slowly, keep the breath for 5 seconds and exhale slowly. Doing this 8 to 10 times will make a healthy difference.
2. Eye relief – To keep your eyes from getting strained, look at a wall clock and focus on the number 12. Then roll your eyes to 3, 6 and 9 as well in a slow circular fashion, finally getting back to 12. Repeat 5 times and close your eyes and breathe normally for 10 seconds.
3. Stretching – Clasp your fingers together while your back is upright against the chair and stretch your arms outwards from your body, and hold for 10 seconds. Repeat this 8 to 10 times.
4. Neck relief – Keep your eyes closed and drop your chin low, now move your neck from right ear to right shoulder, let your head roll backwards and bring your left ear to your left shoulder. Repeat 3 to 5 times in each direction.
5. Temple relief – Keep your elbows on the table and your index fingers on your temples. Rub your temples in small circular motions clockwise and anticlockwise as well.
By following the above techniques, you will be able to keep relatively stress free at your daily desk job.