UpdatedTrends.com: Apart from baking, you will be surprised on how baking soda can be used in so many other ways at home. It is easily available and not many know that it is widely used for several home and personal remedies. Baking soda is a chemical compound, which is also environmental-friendly and a must-have in any pantry. Don’t know why? Here are 10 ways to use baking soda at home.
1. Cleaning microwave – Mix two tablespoons of baking soda in water and put the solution in a microwave safe bowl and microwave it for a few of minutes. Once done, take a soft cloth and clean the insides after switching off the appliance.
2. Deodorizing refrigerators – Leave a cup full of baking soda in the refrigerator and it will neutralize odor. Besides, it will also keep your fridge and ice maker fresh and stench-free. Read more here
3. Teeth whitener – Add half teaspoon of baking soda with peroxide paste and this makes a good homemade tooth paste which will help in whitening your teeth and it even removes the stains.
4. Mouth wash – Instead of a commercial mouthwash, add half teaspoon of baking soda in a cup of warm water and gargle with the solution for a fresh breath.
5. Skin treatment – Baking soda can also be used to treat skin rashes or insect bites by mixing it in bath water. You can also make a paste of water and baking soda and apply it on the infected areas to get relief from itching.
6. Acidity treatment – Mix half teaspoon of baking soda in half glass of water and gulp it down to make your sudden heart burn subside. It’s good as a first-aid antacid, but if you suffer from too much acidity, it is best to consult your family doctor.
7. Fresh flowers – Add a teaspoon of baking soda to water and pour it in the vase of fresh flowers – to help them stay fresh for a longer duration of time, minus the dirty-water stench.
8. Treat smelly shoes – In case you have smelly shoes or sandals, sprinkle some baking soda inside the shoes and leave it overnight.
9. Soft skin – Add baking soda in your bath water; soaking in the solution helps in making the skin soft.
10. Cleaning stoves – Sprinkle baking soda on your kitchen stove and wipe it with a damp cloth, dipped in warm water, to remove stubborn food stains.
So the next time you plan on buying that expensive cream or household cleaner, try out baking soda and marvel at its wonders. It is pocket-friendly, non-polluting and isn’t harsh, so why not give it a try?