Updated Trends: Even during the summer time, not many people are aware that the skin can become damaged and the heat can take off the moisture making its dry and cracked. There are different ways to take care of the skin during summer and they are different from the care taken during winter.
If you are facing the nightmare of dry peeling skin, here are the ways to take care of dry skin during summer.
1. Weather protection – While stepping out, make sure you cover the exposed parts of the body with a scarf. Also do apply a sunscreen lotion of SPF 30+ at least 15 minutes before you step out in the sun.
2. Hydration – During the summer, the body lacks water and you need to make sure that your consume adequate vitamin C along with water which maintains the hydration and also the health of the skin.
3. Maintain body moisture – While frolicking in the sun, it is essential to keep your skin smooth and crack free. Apply body lotion – preferably a non-oily based lotion- as soon as you come out of the shower, as this is the time the skin is moist and this helps in the proper absorption of the lotion deep in to the skin.
4. Use natural products for skin – As far as possible try using products with natural ingredients so as to maintain the health of the skin instead of treating it with chemicals and other harmful products.
5. Eat healthy – It is very important that you have a good diet with lots of fresh and crunchy fruits and vegetables; eating cucumbers, watermelons, grapes, oranges, which are high in water content is also a good way to beat the heat and keep your skin radiant.