Updated Trends: Blood pressure is a condition that has become very common even among the youth. Young people are also slowly getting trapped into the vicious circle of stress and tension, which results in high blood pressure. It is not always essential to take medications to bring back the blood pressure, although in extreme cases, it is advised to get medical help. There are also some natural ways to bring down the blood pressure and we have the top 5 ways.
1. Drink plenty of water – High blood pressure can also be the result of dehydration. One should drink 6 to 8 glasses of water to keep the body hydrated. Drinking water also helps in problems of water retention.
2. Relax – Forget all the tensions and worries and just relax. Look for some activities that might help you reduce stress, like spending time with small children, gardening or practicing some breathing exercises.
3. Reduce salt – Intake of salt causes the body to retain fluid. This results in the increase of blood pressure, so ensure that you cut down on salt drastically from your diet. Avoid oily and fried foods which come loaded with salts.
4. Eat garlic – Garlic has several advantages and is otherwise also good for health. It is recommended to have 3 to 4 garlic cloves a day which reduces the systolic blood pressure.
5. Exercise – One must indulge in regular exercise. Exercise not only helps in reducing high blood pressure but also helps in maintaining energy levels. A daily walk is a good option in the evening .