Low blood pressure can be as dangerous as high blood pressure and one needs to be very careful in maintaining a balance. It can cause dizziness, fainting spells and a number of other conditions. Although low blood pressure does not cause any issue, but abnormally low levels can lead to problems and can also be fatal. A blood pressure reading below 90/60 is a cause of concern. Here are a few causes and symptoms of low blood pressure.
Symptoms of low blood pressure –
Low blood pressure can cause fainting spells, blurred vision, nausea, fatigue, blurred vision and even dizziness. Some people could also face difficulty on concentration and confusion. Other signs can also include cold and pale skin, rapid and shallow breathing and weak pulse. Under such circumstances, it is important to consult your doctor without any further delay.
Causes of low blood pressure –
1. Heart problems – Some of the heart problems can be caused due to low heart rate, heart attack or problems in the heart valve.
2. Pregnancy – During pregnancy, the circulatory system expands on a rapid pace and this could lead to low levels of blood pressure.
3. Problems with the endocrine – Problems like low blood pressure levels, adrenal insufficiency, parathyroid disease and others could cause such problems.
4. Dehydration – When dehydration remains for a longer time, it can lead to fatigue, weakness and dizziness. It is important to remain hydrated by providing the body with ample water or fruit juices.
5. Improper diet – It is important to have a balanced diet and lack of some important vitamins can cause deficiency of Vitamin B12, iron and folate. Low levels of red blood cells can cause the blood pressure levels to go down.
There are a number of types of low blood pressure and it could be due to faulty signals from the brain, nervous system damage, low levels post meal and low levels on standing up.
Photo Credits: Pixabay