Fertility has also become like an epidemic and there are a number of couples who struggle to conceive a baby naturally and have to depend on assisted reproductive technology. The In-Vitro Fertilization is one of the popular methods which is adopted by many couples who are struggling to conceive naturally. But the treatment process continues to be expensive and the results always need not be hundred percent and depends on various factors. It is the two-week wait, that is the most frustrating part for the couple as they have to just wait after the embryos are planted in the womb of the woman. During this time it is very essential for the couple to have mental sanity and need to be stress free, to allow the natural process work by itself. Here are a few ways you can handle your mental health while undergoing IVF.
1. Write your thoughts – If you are not able handle the stress, you can write your thoughts in a diary.
2. Love yourself – Make sure that you relax and pamper yourself in every possible way. Meditate, practice deep breathing as it helps to deal with stress.
3. Surround yourself with family – it is best to be surrounded with loving family members who can be a support for you and keep you happy.
4. Do what you like – Indulge in activities that you like, including listening to music, reading a book, painting or gardening.
5. Indulge in light exercises – You can surely indulge in some light activities like walking or yoga.
6. Keep in touch with your doctor – it is always better to keep in touch with your infertility specialist in case you have any doubts.
The process of IVF is where the eggs from the woman’s body and the sperm are fertilized outside in a laboratory and are then transferred to the woman’s womb. The two-week wait is the most frustrating time the couple undergoes as they face a lot of pressure mentally as well as financially.
Photo Credits: Pixabay