Smoothies are a simple blend of vegetables and fruits. More and more people are opting for smoothies as their breakfast diet, mainly because of the health benefits they offer. You find that many health practitioners encourage people to make this blend as part of their diet because of the following reasons.
• They increase antioxidants in your body thus improve your immune system
• Increased energy levels to start your day
• Mental clarity, reduced anxiety and greater alertness
• Your fibre intake is also improved providing easier digestions of food stuff in your system
Smoothies definitely have lots of health benefits to a person, if it is not part of your meal, then the above points are just some of the benefits that should make you reconsider your diet. Though smoothies may seem simple to prepare, without the proper blend you might end up blending ingredients that have got high calories leading one to gain weight, below are 5 superfood smoothies under 300 calories.
1. Cucumber mint smoothie
• Diced cucumber – 3 cups
• Raw cashews – ¼ cup
• Fresh mint leaves (fresh) – ¼ cup
• Packed baby spinach – 2 cups
• A table spoon of squeezed lemon juice
• Ice cubes from coconut water – 3 cups
• Sweetener (optional)
A part from the coconut ice cubes, blend all the above ingredients together until smooth. Then add the cubes and blend again. Serve and enjoy this refreshing recipe.
2. Acai smoothie
• Frozen blueberries – 1 cup
• ½ banana
• Acai powder – 1 tablespoon
• A pinch of cardamom powder
• ¾ cup of coconut water
• ½ a cup of ice
• Liquid stevia – 4 drops
Excluding ice and liquid stevia, blend the rest of the ingredients until you have a refined mixture, then add the ice and blend again until its frosty and the liquid stevia. This smoothie contains 127 calories per serving.
3. Snickerdoodle cookie smoothie
• One peeled banana
• A tablespoon of almond butter
• A table spoon of rolled oats
• A table spoon of chia seeds
• Ground cinnamon – 1 ½ teaspoons
• One large pitted Medjool date
• Brewed green tea – ¾ cup
• A pinch of salt
• A cup of ice
Without the cup of ice, blend the ingredients until smooth, and then add the ice before you blend until it’s frosty. It has a calorie of 162 per serving.
4. Cherry berry smoothie
• Frozen cherries – 1 cup
• Ice – 2 cups
• A peeled banana
• 1/3 cup cashews
• 1 tablespoon of dried goji berries
• Baby spinach – 2 cups
• Vanilla extract – 1 tablespoon
• Antioxidant powder – 3 tablespoon
• 1 ½ cups of water
Mix and blend everything until it is smooth and creamy. This smoothie contains 252 calories per serving.
5. Strawberry chamomile smoothie
• Frozen strawberries – 2 cups
• Dried white mulberries – ½ a cup
• Brewed chamomile tea – 1 ¾ cups
• Fresh lemon juice – 2 tablespoon
• Chia seeds – 2 tablespoons
Blend the ingredients excluding the chia seeds. Taste the mixture and you can also add a sweetener as you add the chia seed and give the blender one little spin. Serve and enjoy this tasty 182 calorie smoothie.