Herbs aren’t only meant to dot your garden, find out the multiple medicinal benefits of herbs.
Herbs are plants which have enjoyed a supreme status in kitchens as well as medicinal books over the years. It has a manifold of culinary and medicinal uses. There are various kinds of herbs which can be used on a daily basis and can be beneficial health-wise.
Here are a 5 herbs that have some stellar medicinal uses.
1. Ginger – Ginger is a very common herb found easily in all households. Not only does it add great taste to the food, but also stimulates the body to release enzymes so that the nutrients can be absorbed easily.
2. Peppermint – Peppermint can be a good remedy for itchy eyes. Wash your eyes and use a warm peppermint tea bag, place it over your eyelids for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Neem (Azadirachta indica) Leaves – Neem too has several benefits and is the best option for any skin ailment. It can be used to treat dry scalp, lice, dandruff, premature greying of the hair and even fungal infections.
4. Garlic Cloves – Garlic has innate natural properties that can control blood pressure levels and is also beneficial to maintain cholesterol levels. People with niggling cholesterol and BP problems must include Garlic in their diet.
A research from the National Health and Medical Research Council states that consuming half to one garlic clove in a day helps to reduce 10% of Cholesterol.
5. Rosemary Leaves – Rosemary can be good for those who often suffer from digestion problems and also cleanses the body of toxins.
A note of caution – All the above uses and benefits of herbs are an added remedial measure not a complete source of treatment.