UpdatedTrends.com: Almonds are considered as one of the healthiest dry fruits and they are rich in vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for your body. They can be eaten as a snack or can be used in deserts to get that perfect taste. Here are 5 health benefits of almonds.
1. Almonds are good for weight loss: People who are looking to drop a couple of pounds can eat almonds on a regular basis. The nuts have high nutrient density and they make you feel fuller and satisfied throughout the day. They also help with your cravings and you will not be eating more than needed.
2. Help in lowering cholesterol: Almonds not only help in reducing the bad cholesterol levels, but also help in increasing the good cholesterol levels.
3. Almonds contain folic acid: These nuts are a great source of vitamin B and folic acid, which help the growth of a healthy fetus at the beginning of the pregnancy and also promote healthy development of the baby.
4. Improve memory power: Almonds contain a substance known as phenylalanine which increases the production of neurotransmitters in your brain. This helps in improving the attention span and memory power.
5. Good for skin: Almonds are fantastic for the health of your skin as they contain antioxidants which remove toxins from your body.
Photo Credits: Stylecraze