Updated Trends: Sore throat is a condition that is commonly suffered by people suffering from the much dreaded flu. Most of the time, a sore throat is also combined with pain in the throat and difficulty in swallowing food. But there are several remedies that can help the condition to be eased.
1. Saline water – Mix some table salt in a glass of luke warm water and rinse and gargle at least five to six times in a day. This is one of the most effective and simple remedies for sore throat. The salt water helps in clearing the mucus and soothes throat tissues.
2. Plenty of water – The best way to calm that sire throat is to keep yourself hydrated so that the throat is lubricated and this also helps in the immune system to run smoothly. Try having hot soup and drink lots of warm water instead of dry food that can further irritate the throat.
3. Lemon and honey treatment – Prepare a mixture of honey and lemon juice and slowly drink the solution. Lemon helps in clearing the mucus and honey coats the throat and provides relief.
4. Plugged ears – As far as possible keep the ears plugged with ear plugs or cotton balls, especially while sleeping. Plugging your ears can help to avoid the condition to worsen.
5. Cinnamon treatment – Not many people are aware of the fact that this spice can work wonders in getting rid of that irritating sore throat. In order to make the best use of cinnamon, you need to take one teaspoon of roughly powdered cinnamon, and boil in a glass of water with a little pepper powder. If you want, you can also add two teaspoons of honey with it as an effective way to treat your sore throat.