Flaxseeds are known for the number of health benefits. They are packed with Omega-3 fats, fibre and lignans and are best for people who have digestive issues. They also help to lower high blood pressure levels and also helps to remove bad cholesterol levels. Flaxseeds are also good for people who suffer from diabetes. People who are trying to lose weight can also benefit. However, it is also a fact that over consumption of flax seeds can lead to a few side effects.
1. Increases bowel movement – Flaxseeds is also a laxative and tends to increase the bowel movement. It can also lead to diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome. People who face intestinal problems should avoid consuming flaxseeds.
2. Induces menstrual cycle – The seeds have estrogen-like effect and has the ability to induce menstrual cycle. This means that it is not recommended for the expectant mothers to consume and also not a good option for women who is trying to conceive.
3. Intestinal blockage – Flaxseeds are dry in nature and have to be consumed with ample water. If enough water is not consumed, it can also lead to an intestinal blockage. This makes it bad for scleroderma patients. The seeds must be consumed only if it is instructed by the professionals.
4. People could turn allergic to it – If the seeds are consumed to a long term and too much of it is consumed, it can lead to some kind of allergies, like swelling itching, hives, nausea and even vomiting.
5. Could cause blockage in the digestive track – The seeds are rich in fibre which can lead to a blockage in to the digestive tract. This could also prevent the absorption of some of the medication and supplements.
6. Lowers blood pressure – Consumption of flaxseeds can lead to low blood pressure that can be risky and can cause complications. People who suffer from a heart condition should not consume it unless recommended by a professional.
Photo Credits: Pixabay