Contrary to popular belief, not all fatty foods are bad for you. If you are trying to eat healthy or lose a few pounds, make sure to incorporate fatty foods into your menu as well, as they are good for your overall health and appearance.
1. Grass-fed beef – Even though it is a bit pricey, its higher ratio of good fats will make it worth the cost. Grass-fed meat has high levels of omega-3 fatty acids (which are well-known to help reduce the risk of heart disease) and such beef is also leaner and contains fewer calories.
2. Olive oil – The benefits of olive oil are too many to count, as it contains heart-strengthening fats and is rich in polyphenols which help fight cancer. In addition to that, a diet rich in olive oil results in higher levels of the hormone adiponectin, which is responsible for reducing body fats and lowering your BMI (Body Mass Index).
3. Coconut – It contains lauric acid that battles bacteria and improves your cholesterol result. Also, coconut oil helps in reducing abdominal obesity, so make sure to add it to your daily diet if you face problems in this area.
4. Dark chocolate – There is no need to give up your favorite treat, just opt for a dark one, as it can help you get a flatter belly. Try eating it before a meal though, as it will keep you full longer and you will eat less later on.
5. Almond butter – It can help you lose weight and reduce your waistline as it contains compounds that are able to limit the total amount of absorption of fat by our bodies. Make a quick snack by stirring almond butter into your cereal or spreading it on a toast with some banana slices.
Photo Credits: Olive Oil Excellence