Anxiety is never a pleasant experience and a person who suffers from the condition never wants to have a flare up. One of the main causes of anxiety is stress, which cannot be avoided completely due to the lifestyles that people live these days. The feeling of being overwhelmed due to a number of factors could be reduced with a few changes in your diet. Here we will be discussing about a few nutrition tips suggested by experts that can soothe the feeling of being overwhelmed.
- Never skip breakfast – Breakfast should be a healthy routine as it helps to improve your metabolism and also keeps the blood sugar levels in balance. When your blood sugar levels are maintained, your moods are stabilized and eventually avoid an anxiety flare-up. Make sure that you remain careful during the summer months as the rising temperature becomes tough for the body to cope with the environment.
- Sleep well – Make sure that you get ample sleep which is basic for your physical and mental well-being. Lack of sleep can also lead to less production of cortisol in the body. Just in case, if you are not able to get enough sleep during the night time, try taking naps during the day.
- Eat a balanced meal – A balanced meal means food that provides wholesome nutrition. Include fruits and healthy home-cooked food that does not have any processed foods. You can also replace fruit juice by munching an apple instead as it will also provide you with fibre that helps in digestion.
- Consume foods that are rich in zinc – Zinc is a mineral that protects the body from free-radicals. It also helps to produce neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin that are responsible for regulating moods.
- Drink more water – While many people think that they are drinking enough water, they are actually not. Dehydration can lead to headaches and fatigue that can contribute towards anxiety. When you feel tired, make sure that you are drinking ample water.
Photo Credits: Pixabay