Freezing feet and palms are common problems during the winter season. Its is chilled outside and we do everything from wearing warm clothes to warm food, but still the problem of cold feet and palms continues to bother. This happens when there is not enough blood and oxygen supply to the feet and palms and causes them to become cold. This could also hint towards a health issue known as hypothermia, anemia other nerve damage. Here are a few simple remedies to keep your feet and palms warm and cozy.
1. Massage with coconut oil – Warm up a little coconut oil and massage you feet and palms. Massaging helps to improve blood circulation and also helps to increase the oxygen supply. You just need to make sure that the oil is warm enough but not hot to burn your skin.
2. Use a heating pad – There are a number of electronic heating pads available. They can be used to keep your feet warm. If you do not have a heating pad then you can also use a hot water bag which can be used as a substitute. Be careful with the electronic devices and buy only the reliable ones.
3. Epsom salt – Take a bucket which is half filled with warm water and put two to three teaspoons of Epsom salt in it. Soak your feet in the solution and it will help your muscles to relax and heat up. Epsom salt contains magnesium which gets absorbed in to the blood and relaxes the muscles.
4. Workout –Winter is a time when you might feel lazy. But if you push yourself for some workout then it can help to warm up your feet and palms. Exercise increases blood circulation and even a few simple exercises can do the needful.
5. Cayenne pepper – It is a hot spice that helps to increase the temperature. Sprinkle half a teaspoon of crushed cayenne pepper in to the socks and gloves before you put them on to get relieved from cold feet.
Photo Credits: Pixabay