Your lungs play an important role in helping the body function well. But not many are aware that our lungs inhale not just air but also some of the elements that can be harmful that come along with the air pollutants and smoking along with it. Such pollutants can pose a threat to the health of the lungs. Here are a few foods that can be keep the lungs healthy.
1.Walnuts – Walnuts come stuffed with Omega 3 fatty acids. Eating a handful of these nuts can help in fighting the conditions like Asthma and other respiratory diseases. The Omega 3 Fatty acids have anti-inflammatory ingredients and have protective effects in terms of inflammatory ailments.
2. Apples – Vitamin C, E and beta carotene are good for maintaining a good heart health. All of these nutrients are present in Apples. The fruit also comes packed with anti oxidants that help to keep the lungs health.
3. Broccoli – The vegetable might not be liked by all but have high content of carotenoids, folate, vitamin C and phytochemicals that help to fight damaging elements in the lungs. The vegetable also has an active constituent known as L-sulforaphane that tricks the cells to switch to anti-inflammatory genes that avoids respiratory conditions.
4. Berries – Two of the most effective berries that are good and include blueberries and Acai. They are stuffed with vitamin C as well as antioxidants and help fight cell damaging free radicals.
5. Ginger – Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and also detoxifies and promotes the elimination of the pollutants from the lungs. It is also good for congestion and unclogging of the air passage and improves the circulation of the lungs.
6. Water – Water is indeed the best way to detoxify the body. Dryness or the organ is prone to increased inflammation and irritation so you must drink at least eight glasses of water in a day.
Photo Credits: Pixabay