Treat your sensitive skin with great care this winter.
Sensitive skin is as fragile as a mimosa plant! It can easily react adversely to any skin or beauty product that has harsh chemicals. Winter is a time when people with sensitive skin need to be doubly cautious, as dry and flaky skin needs more tender loving care!
Here are a few tips which can be useful to take care of your sensitive skin in winter.
1. Do not exfoliate too much – Exfoliation is good to take the dead cells of the skin, however, too much of it can be damaging as it exposes the skin and removes the protective layer. Some scrubs and exfoliating masks contain harmful chemicals, which can easily damage sensitive skin. Use a mild scrub with has milk cream contents in it, this will avoid the moisture being sucked out of your skin.
2. Moisturise – As far as possible, keep your skin moisturized. People with sensitive skin must take care to moisturize their skin immediately after taking bath as this is the time when the skin is moist and the cream penetrates deep into the skin.
3. Say no to salicylic acid – When you purchase cleansing exfoliators, check the contents for salicylic acid. Salicylic acid increases the dryness quotient in the skin and can also lead to inflammation. Mild cleansers are a better option.
4. Use oil to remove make-up – Coconut oil is the best ingredient to remove make up. Not only is it devoid of any harsh chemicals, but also effective for removing water proof make-up quickly. It also cleanses the pores, which are clogged due to environmental pollution and dust.
5. Use sunscreen lotion – Even if you are not stepping out of the house, it is recommended to wear sunscreen lotion on a daily basis. People with sensitive skin should not skip this step as it protects the skin from harmful UV rays.
Photo Credits: insightstoday