Drink away to glory! Learn about the health benefits of red wine.
“Red, red wine, Go to my head”, this tipple immortalized by reggae and a lot of other literature has been proven to have an array of health benefits. It also happens to be a favorite drink of the French, whose body metabolism has for long bewildered weight gurus of the world.
Here is why you should not hesitate from enjoying that occasional glass of red wine.
1. Healthy and younger looking skin – Red wine contains ample anti-oxidants, which are essential for the skin to stay rejuvenated and wrinkle free.
2. Stay away from colds – Research suggests that drinking wine wards away common cold that affects scores of people. Once again, the anti-oxidants in red wine are at play here, they protect healthy cells against the harmful onslaught of free radicals and hence, boost the body’s immunity in the process.
3. Healthy heart –Blocked arteries are a cause of concern as they indicate towards unhealthy heart health, Resveratrol is an antioxidant compound present in red wine, which helps to reduce the levels of saturated fat stored in the arteries.
4. Helps to prevent tooth decay – Red wine helps to strengthen the enamel cover on teeth, which ultimately prevents decaying teeth and harmful bacteria growth. It also contains polyphenols which can aid inflamed gums and ward of gum diseases.
5. Prevention of cancer – This health benefit of cancer has still not been validated by one and all; however, there is still solid empirical evidence backing this notion. Researchers infused human cancer cells with Resveratrol (present in red wine), the result was that it inhibited a protein responsible for giving impetus to cancer cell growth.