Recent study conducted at the Families and Work Institute showed that 87 percent of people interviewed would prefer flexible schedules that would allow them to balance professional and personal lives better, which they find to be extremely important.
Here are 5 tips on how to work from home successfully:
- Ease into it – Telecommuting suggestion might raise some concerns regarding your commitment and productivity. Make a slow transition by working from home 1 day a week at the very beginning and finish all your tasks on time.
- Think about benefits – Once back in the office, present the benefits of working from home and what you have achieved. Mention that not having to commute allows you to start working earlier and finish more tasks than usual.
- Stay in touch – Keep in constant contact with your colleagues. They need to realize work will not suffer because you are not in the office.
- Stay on top of your work – Finish everything on time. This is the only way to prove to your boss that approving your flexible working hours was a good decision.
- Keep a backup ready – Urgent issues might arise when working from home as well. Have one of your colleagues ready to take your place when you are unavailable for a couple of hours.