Sleep and let sleep! Learn how to get rid of snoring.
Snoring is a problem that afflicts scores of people across the planet, in essence, snoring entails obstruction of air movement while a person is asleep. Research states that 75% of people who have snoring problems face breathing obstruction – scientifically known as obstructive sleep apnea – while sleeping. This increases the risk of developing heart problems.
Here are a few ways to get rid of snoring.
1. Try losing weight – If you are overweight and have started snoring only post the weight gain, it may indicate a connection between the weight gain and snoring. Fat growth around the neck puts pressure on the internal diameter of the throat which can trigger snoring.
2. Try changing your position while sleeping – If you sleep lying on your back, your tongue and soft palate rests on the back of the throat, which obstructs breathing and causes a vibrating sound. Try sleeping on the side which can make a huge difference.
3. Give up alcohol – Alcohol brings down the resting tone of the muscles on the back of the throat due to which the person is more likely to snore.
4. Clear nasal passages – Snoring is also caused due to obstruction of the nasal passages. There are various nose drops available in the market that can help with nasal congestion. However, do consult your general physician before using any product, as many high dosage products might entail side effects.
5. Get ample sleep – Over working and not sleeping enough can also leads to snoring. Stress unleashes an array of ills on the body. Sleep well without snoring.
Photo Credits: telegraph