Acidity or heartburn is a problem which many suffer from. Some of the symptoms of heartburn include uncomfortable burning sensation behind the breastbone and stomach pain. Here are a few effective ways to get rid of acidity.
1. Aloe juice: The Aloe plant is effective in soothing burns and most of the time people use it to treat sunburns, etc. Drink about half a cup of aloe juice which is kept in room temperature before meals.
2. Chew gum: A study has shown that people who chew gum for about half an hour after meals, felt relieved from acidity or heartburn., Chewing gum stimulates the salivary glands and increases the flow of saliva.
3. Keep the chin up and do not lie down: Acidity can get worse during the night. Make sure that you do not lie down or sleep. Gases are light and keeping the chin up helps to release the gases from the mouth.
4. Bananas: Bananas contain natural antacids and can work well for acidity. Try a few bananas which are ripe and eat one everyday.
5. Avoid tight clothing: If you wear tight clothes it can make the heartburn condition worsened. So not wear tight belts and even shirts.
Photo Credits: Healthbynature