UpdatedTrends.com: Strawberries not only taste good, but are also great for your health. This amazing fruit is rich in nutrients which offer numerous health benefits. Here are 5 health benefits of strawberries and why you should eat them as often as possible.
1. Improve memory: This is a fruit which works for your brain. Strawberries are rich in fisetin – a naturally occurring flavonoid – which helps in improving your memory.
2. Keep heart disease at bay: Strawberries contain antioxidants and flavonoids which prevent the buildup of bad cholesterol, which might clog the arteries. Strawberries also have anti-inflammation properties which are good for the heart.
3. Improve immune system: Strawberries are rich in vitamin C and are good for the immune system of the body. They can protect you from infections so make sure to consume the fruit during the season.
4. Good for skin: Strawberries are a natural source of salicylic acid, which is a renowned fighter against acne. Strawberries are packed with antioxidants and vitamin C which slow down the ageing process.
5. Cancer prevention properties: As mentioned before, strawberries are rich in antioxidants, which can also help in preventing cancer.
Photo Credits: Dome health