UpdatedTrends.com: Cauliflower belongs to the same group of vegetables as broccoli and is usually used for cooking or eating raw as part of a salad. This great vegetable contains several minerals, vitamins, as well as antioxidants. You should add cauliflower to your diet and here are 5 health benefits of this amazing veggie.
1. Helps digestion: Not many people know that cauliflower is an amazing vegetable which aids digestion. It provides dietary fiber which is essential in maintaining a healthy digestion system.
2. Good source of antioxidants: Cauliflower is a good source of beta-carotene and phytonutrients, antioxidants which help in reducing the risk from free radicals, as well as protect against heart diseases and cancer.
3. Aids in pregnancy: Cauliflower contains folate B9 which helps in protecting unborn children and helps in the development of the foetus. Doctors usually recommend eating this vegetable during pregnancy.
4. Helps in losing weight: Cauliflower can help with weight loss. It has high fiber content, which means that when it is cooked as a main meal, it will make you feel full for a longer time.
5. Anti-inflammatory properties: Cauliflower contains omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin K and has the ability to assist in preventing chronic inflammation in the joints.
Photo Credits: Full circle