Heart is one of the most important organs, which purifies and pumps the blood to the whole body. Health of the heart can be threatened with high cholesterol levels which tend to block the arteries. Here are a few food options which will help to maintain the good health of the heart to keep it beating.
1. Garlic: Garlic contains Vitamins B1, B6 and C, calcium, potassium, iron and copper. The contents of Garlic help to lower the cholesterol levels, improve circulation and blood pressure levels.
2. Oats: Oats is rich in fibre, manganese, protein, phosphorous, selenium and Vitamin B1. The fibre known as the betaglucans help to bring down the cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of heart diseases and strokes as it stabilizes the blood sugar levels.
3. Pomegranate: Typically, all fruits are healthy and must be consumed, but pomegranate is one such wonder fruit which is rich in polyphenols and has powerful antioxidants and protests the heart from ailments.
4. Apple: The phrase ‘an apple a day keeps the doctor away’ works perfectly here, as it has pectin, which is a soluble fibre that helps to lower cholesterol and also helps to remove toxins from the body.
5. Asparagus: Asparagus is rich in vitamins, B1, B2, B3, B6 and A, fibre, manganese, folic acid and copper. Folic acid helps to reduce the levels of homocysteine in the blood, if present in high levels can create heart problems.
Photo Credits: Secretly Healthy