UpdatedTrends.com: The current trend of going gluten-free is becoming increasingly popular on a daily basis. However, not many people know that going gluten-free is not for everyone and it is not necessary to do so in order to stay healthy.
1. It is not necessary for most people: About 1 in 133 people suffer from celiac disease, which is an inherited autoimmune disease which damages the small intestine when gluten is ingested. However, people who do not have such condition do not need to go gluten-free.
2. Unnecessary inspiration: Going gluten-free is particularly popular in Hollywood, but before you decide to channel your favorite star and his or her eating habits, your friends and family need to understand why you have decided to give up on gluten.
3. Talk to the doctor: If you have any concerns regarding celiac disease, go to a doctor who can diagnose you. Iron deficiency, weight loss or a family history can lead to the disease and before simply giving up on gluten on your own, you can first schedule a professional consultation.
4. It is not essential that you lose weight: It all depends on how you go gluten-free, as giving up on some pasta, bagels and crackers automatically helps in cutting carbs and increasing fiber levels, as well as your energy.
5. Expect gluten in the unexpected: Gluten can also be found in some unassuming foods like a salad dressing or veggie burgers. It can also be found in some supplements or medications.
Photo Credits: Become Gorgeous