Ageing is a natural process that cannot be stopped but can surely be slowed down. All you need to do is to take proper care of your health by eating healthy and mindfully. Also make sure that you take good care of your bones, as a good and strong skeleton makes you resistant from bone fractures, which can make you feel older than you actually are. Proper bone care requires adequate calcium, proteins, Vitamin D, magnesium and potassium. Here are a few tips you can follow to slow down ageing after 60.
- Protein – One of the most important nutrient that is important for a healthy living but not many people are actually getting the right amount of protein. Post 60 it becomes tough for the body to use protein. So experts recommend to eat more than they did before. When you get enough protein the muscle loss is reduced and they looked toned and helps you to remain active and energized.
- Eat Sea food – It is recommended to include mackerel or salmon as they are highly recommended for a healthy ageing process. They are rich in protein, minerals and vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids that promote heart and brain health by keeping the arteries clear. Omega 3 also helps to have a good vision.
- Avocados – Avocados contain healthy fats and also helps in reducing the spike of blood sugar. The monosaturated fats in avocados, is healthy for the heart as it reduces LDL also known as the bad cholesterol levels.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables – As far as possible, eat local and fresh from the market that has a local source. Including fresh fruits and vegetables is a vital part in slowing down the ageing process. It will also help to keep your weight in check.
- Include seeds – chia and flax seeds helps to keep the heart and brain healthy. They also help to have a healthy skin.
Photo Credits: Pixabay