Health benefits of Ginger have been known by people and health experts since ages. However, not many might be aware of the skin and hair benefits of the root. The ingredient can be found in very kitchen and is beneficial for the skin and hair as well due to its high concentration of anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Here we will be discussing about the benefits of ginger that will help to promote healthy hair and skin.
- Helps skin to glow – Ginger contains the anti-oxidant known as gingerol which has the ability to fight stress related to oxidating. You can apply slices of the ginger root to the face for a while and that could give your skin a healthy and a natural glow. It also gives an even tone to the skin while fighting blemishes and making it more radiant.
- Reduces wrinkles and fine-lines – Again it is due to the high anti-oxidant content that makes it a great wrinkle remedy. It also helps in breaking down the elastin, which is the primary cause of fine lines and wrinkles. The root helps in getting rid of the harmful toxins while stimulating circulation.
- Promotes hair growth – People who face the problem of hair thinning can use ginger as it helps to improve the blood circulation on the scalp. It stimulates hair growth and also helps to strengthen follicles and hair roots due to the nourishment provides by its vitamins, minerals and fatty acids.
- Controls dandruff – One of the most common problem of dandruff can be treated with ginger. You can apply ginger oil on the scalp with a good massage. The contents of the root helps in keeping the natural bacteria and yeast.
- Helps to fade scars – People who suffer from hypopigmented scars can apply ginger extract on the skin for an even skin tone. It also helps in reducing redness caused by acne and scarring.
Photo Credits: Pixabay