The COVID-19 pandemic left a lot of uncertainty around returning of the employees to their respective workplaces. While a majority of the employees continue to work from home, many people have also returned to their respective work places. People who are now looking forward to get back to work might have to realign their schedules and plan accordingly. Here are a few tips for employees who are preparing to return to their offices.
1. Wake up early – Working from home meant convenience which will no longer be the situation. But now the snooze button will no longer be of use and you have to wake up early so you also have time to commute. You have to get back to the old routine and the transition would certainly not be easy as you will have to give up on a number of things.
2. Be prepared a night before – You can pack your office bag beforehand. Additionally, you can also make preparations for breakfast and lunch a night before, so you will not have to spend enough time in the kitchen in the morning. This will make your morning routine easy and make you feel fresh and organized as you return to work.
3. Look after your mental health – With so much of uncertainty regarding to the omicron variant, you might be overwhelmed with the thought of returning to the office. Under such circumstances, you might help yourself to manage stress and participate in certain activities that help to relieve anxiety. Alternatively, you can also indulge in exercise or long walks.
4. Communicate with your colleagues – Getting back in touch with your colleagues is a great way to have an assurance, that you are not alone in the struggle to get back to the office.
5. Take a note of safety protocols at workplace – Every corporate set-up have their own safety protocols related to COVID. Make sure that you review them and take a note of it and stay informed.
Photo Credits: Pixabay