A washing machine can be a blessing for a household. All you have to do is to toss the clothes in, pour in the detergent, press a few buttons and leave the rest of the work to it. However, there are certain limitations of the machine and not all things can be left for the washing machine. Here are a few things that you need to avoid tossing in to the machine.
1. Fluffy throw blankets – Allowing the washing machine to wash the fluffy throw blankets can cause them to shrink and would also cause them to lose their soft feel. The best way to clean the throw blankets is to dry clean them or to hand wash them with a mild detergent.
2. Clothes with embellishments – Clothes with embellishments are delicate and could be damaged if they are washed in a machine. The small details could get stuck in the machine and could make the fashion item lifeless.
3. Clothes with pet hair – people who have pets at home could be used to the fact of having pet hair on their clothes. But make sure that you do not toss these clothes to the washing machine. It can clog the drain pipes. You can first remove the hair with a lint remover and then put it in to the machine.
4. Extra-large items – Certain things like a large comforter is certainly not a good idea. The water, soap and the cramped space will not make any washing possible. It could also lead to overloading and can lead to a broken agitator. It is better to hand such items to the laundry service who can get them cleaned with professional machines.
5. Memory foam pillows – The memory foam pillows tend to absorb more moisture like a sponge. When they enter the spin cycle, the water logged pillows could break apart. It is best to spot clean them.
Photo Credits: Pixabay