Winter season gives a tough time to the hair and skin. While we have earlier discussed about a number of tips to deal with skincare during the winter season, here we will be discussing about a few effective and easy ways to deal with hair-care. This is a time when we tend to drink less water, that leads to the dryness of the skin and hair.
1. Aloe Vera – Winter is a time when your hair can tend to become dry making your scalp dry and flaky. You can apply aloe vera gel directly to the scalp and hair. The gel is so versatile that you need not wash it off as it dries off after some time making your hair look soft, smooth and moisturized. Alternatively you can also mix aloe vera gel with coconut oil and apply the mixture generously to the scalp and hair. Wash it off with a mild shampoo after an hour.
2. Natural conditioning – Curd and eggs are conditioning agents for the hair. You can apply one of the two to the scalp and hair length and leave it for about an hour. Wash it off with luke warm or water at room temperature.
3. Steam – After oiling your hair, you can give a nice warm steam that will open up the pores of the scalp that will allow the oils to get in to the pores for better nourishment.
4. Use hair mask – You can make your own hair mask by mixing, an egg, honey, milk, coconut oil and aloe vera gel. Apply the mixture to the hair and let it rest for an hour or two. Rinse off with luke warm water and a mild shampoo.
5. Wash with cold water – During the winter season you might be tempted to wash your hair with hot water but that will make your hair dry and frizzy. Washing with cold water will maintain moisture level and will keep your hair soft and supply.
Photo Credits: Pixabay