Vitamin E is essential and beneficial in a number of ways. It is not just good for the skin and eyes but is also beneficial for the hair growth. Apart from the external factors, Vitamin E also contributes towards the strengthening mechanism of the human body. Free radicals are often responsible towards ageing, and under such circumstances Vitamin E comes to the rescue. Instead of consuming supplements the best way to have the nutrient through the natural food sources. Here are a few foods that will ensure a higher vitamin E intake.
1. Almonds – These nuts are great for the overall health and also help towards an active lifestyle. It contains plenty of the nutrient along with anti-oxidants that help to prevent any kind of damage to the skin. These nuts are also rich in fibre, protein, magnesium and copper. They can be added in salads and can also be consumed after being soaked overnight.
2. Sunflower oil – Not just sunflower oil, but other edible oils including rice bran, wheat germ, olive, soybean and corn oil are rich in the vitamin. It is known as an excellent dietary source. Sunflower oil is a popular vegetable oil that is used in a number of households for cooking.
3. Avocados – Avocados contain healthy fats along with protein, vitamins and other nutrients. A single avocado a day gives you the ample amount of vitamin E for the body. These can be consumed along with breakfast.
4. Hazelnuts – Hazelnuts are known for providing protection from cell damage. They are also rich in vitamin E and offer a number of other health benefits. These nuts also reduce the risk of cancer cells. They combine well with chocolates.
5. Sunflower seeds – One of the best sources of Vitamin E is sunflower seeds. The oil roasted seeds contain 75percent more of the nutrient which proves to be highly beneficial for overall health. They also contain antioxidants that fight against free radicals.
Photo Credits: Pixabay