Pink Himalayan salt is a great addition to the kitchen and can be used as a substitute to your regular table salt. It contains a number of minerals that are great for the health and can be included in a number of ways in your diet. Here we will be discussing about a few reasons as to why pink Himalayan salt should be included in your everyday diet.
1. Adds minerals to the food – Using pink Himalayan salt for cooking adds healthy minerals to the food. Some of the benefits include balancing the pH of the body, improves digestion, stabilizes hydration level and reduces acid reflux.
2. Gives a good flavor – Adding pink salt instead of table salt makes a difference in the food as they have very low porosity and minimal moisture retention. It does not allow the food to get too salty.
3. Gives a complex taste – It makes a big difference in the taste when you are using pink salt as a substitute for table salt. It contains more than 80 trace minerals and other elements and gives a complex flavor to the food and gives an interesting experience.
4. Anti-microbial properties – This salt has anti-microbial properties as it has low porosity and the low moisture retention that helps it to create a natural anti-microbial environment.
5. Resistance in extreme temperatures – Pink Himalayan salt has extreme temperature resistance and has a melting point of just more than 800 C that makes it a great choice for high heat cooking.
6. Uniform heat distribution – this salt has a crystalline structure that helps to distribute heat evenly. The food that is prepared on the block will be cooked at the same pace.
7. Holds temperature for a longer time – The crystalline structure of the block also helps to hold the temperature for a longer time. So you do not have to worry about the food getting cold or too warm while you are busy cleaning up the kitchen.
Photo Credits: Pixabay