October is the breast cancer awareness month and is a time when people will have to be aware of the disease and one has to be careful. The COVID-19 pandemic took away all the attention in recent times but the sad part is that people continue to fall under the deadly disease known as cancer. Here we will be discussing about the foods that could be eaten that will help to prevent breast cancer in women.
1. Whole Grains – This is supported by a few studies that mention that women who consume whole grains like corn, barley, oats and quinoa are less likely to develop breast cancer.
2. Eggs – Eggs contain Omega 3 acids which is the best way women can protect themselves from developing breast cancer later in their life. You can have at least one egg in a day in any form, preferably for breakfast.
3. Turmeric – Turmeric is a spice very commonly found in Asian cuisine and has a number of health benefits. It contains curcumin which has a number of benefits and can be helpful in preventing colon, breast, lung and prostate cancer.
4. Sunflower seeds – Sunflower seeds contains plenty of anti-oxidants that helps to prevent the cancer cells from growing. They also contain vitamin E that decreases the risk of prostate and lung cancer in men.
5. Black sesame – Black sesame is an ingredient that is found in a number of cuisines and has anti-cancer properties. Not many people are used to include this ingredient in food but is beneficial in many ways. Not just breast cancer, the ingredient also helps to prevent prostate and colon cancer.
Tip – Women need to regularly visit their physicians and get themselves checked annually for a complete body scan. Seek help in case of any discomfort in the chest. The physician will prescribe all the essential investigations to rule out any possibilities. Also encourage other women to seek help and spread awareness.
Photo Credits: Pixabay